As we’ve mentioned before in some of our other references to translation of the employee’s handbook, employee handbooks are probably the single most important tool that you as an employer can have at your disposal. An employee handbook provides not only guidance for your employees on your expectations and their rights, but provides is one of the best and easiest ways to keep a written record of your standard practices and policies should an issue come up—legal or otherwise.
For this reason alone, if you have, or ever plan to have, workers who natively or primarily speak a different language, having a translated version of your employee handbook is crucial in ensuring that they are able to perform their work to your standards, know their rights as an employee and your rights as an employer, and that you’re covered if you ever need to prove that an employee was aware of any rights or oglibations, should that need arise.
Not being able to provide a translated employee handbook to your employees in their own preferred language means that your employees may know:
- Their rights as far as breaks, meals, and sick leave
- Your policy on attendance, overtime, communication, or other job functions
- Important workplace safety policies and regulations
- And more; see the National Federation of Independent Business’s guide to writing an employee handbooks to see what kind of information is typically covered.
Then, if a misunderstanding, discrepancy, or accident occurs that causes a loss of time, money, or other resources, you will only have yourself to blame. Don’t take that risk! The benefits of translating an employee handbook vastly outweigh the relatively small expense.
If you’re thinking about translating your employee handbook, contact us today and we’d be happy to answer any questions you may have and get you a quick quote no matter how many pages or languages your project requires.
The translation of legal contract, reports, letters and manuals into foreign languages needs expert handling and resorting to freelance translators or someone lacking in experience heightens the risk of errors in the resulting document.
Professional translation services can accomplish your work order quickly and accurately, and many of them offer highly competitive rates that suit your budget. Here are some essential truths that you should be aware of to make your document translation process easier:
- Review bulk order rates. Many companies that can translate documents will offer high-volume discounts on your order, so you can save a few extra dollars by using their service. Bulk order discounts may apply for your first order, and recurring orders, so consider the type of services you need both in the short-term and the long-term.
- Specify the specialisation of duty. Individual document translation companies will offer functional services such as medical translations, legal translations, and technical translations. Make it explicit what type of interpretation service you require so that the translator can use the right tone, angle and style to format and create your document.
- Make sure that the company uses human translators. There are many document translation software programs in the market, but these software programs are incapable of creating high-quality output. You would have to verify that the company is not merely using a software program and have native speakers of the target language to do all the tasks required.
- Check on the size of the company. It is to your advantage to deal with a large corporation that has translation teams instead of just a few individual translators. This is because a group translation process subdivides the translation work and your documents go through a final high-quality control phase. For example, your document may be first translated, proofread, edited, then again be rewritten before it passes team quality control checks. This can give you the assurance of high quality and accuracy in all your document translations.
It is much simpler to use the services of a document translation company to do your translation work terms. All forms of speech and even technical, medical and legal translations can be done with the high-quality standards and accuracy of professional translation services. You can assess different document translation companies and find the right one that will be able to comply with your high standard requirements and deliver the finished translation on time.